Honoring the 2012 Inductees to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. View Slideshow
An emotional John Velazquez received a standing ovation from a standing-room only crowd Aug. 10 at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as the jockey led five other inductees into the Hall of Fame.
Anthony Hamilton, a prominent jockey during the 19th century, and Planet, a dominant racehorse in the years leading up to the Civil War, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga