Veterinarian Tom Bowman has joined his son, Brooke Bowman, D.V.M., and veteran Maryland horseman Louis Merryman as a partner in the newly formed Heritage Stallions.
Veterinarian Brooke Bowman and Louis Merryman announced the formation of Heritage Stallions, a new Thoroughbred stallion facility to be operated near Chesapeake City, Md.
Plan, runner-up in the Aug. 9 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park, was transferred to the Aqueduct barn of trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. after IEAH Stables acquired controlling and managing interest in the 3-year-old colt.
Rene Douglas snuck a peek around each shoulder approaching the quarter-pole in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), knowing that he had a loaded gun underneath him. The veteran jockey then let Winchester loose, and the 3-year-old son of Theatrical swallowed pacesetter Tizdejavu, eventually drawing clear for a convincing 7 1/4-length upset victory Aug. 9 at Arlington Park.
Gary Tanaka's Sudan, projected as the probable pace setter in the Arlington Million (gr. IT), was withdrawn from the race Aug. 8.
Michael Cooper and Pamela Ziebarth's Tizdejavu, undefeated on turf, will be after his fourth consecutive victory over the surface in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 9 at Arlington Park. Tizdejavu, trained by Gregory Fox, was installed as the 6-5 morning line favorite in the 1 1/4-mile test for 3-year-olds. Nine were entered.
Big Brown continues to step it up in the mornings, working five furlongs in :59 1/5 at Aqueduct Sunday in company with True Dancer. It was the colt's fourth work since the Belmont Stakes, with each one a big improvement over the previous one.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives