Piste Noire, a 3-year-old unraced daughter of Diesis, was the most expensive horse sold on the Tattersalls December mare sale's third day, bringing 340,000 guineas ($594,161 in U.S. funds). The median price for the session, which was held Dec. 2 in England, was up 23.1% from 2008. The gross revenue and average price dropped 17.6% and 18.1%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate