Piste Noire, a 3-year-old unraced daughter of Diesis, was the most expensive horse sold on the Tattersalls December mare sale's third day, bringing 340,000 guineas ($594,161 in U.S. funds). The median price for the session, which was held Dec. 2 in England, was up 23.1% from 2008. The gross revenue and average price dropped 17.6% and 18.1%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week