Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning