Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified