Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager