Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams