Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks Winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Swansea Mile Delivers a Smithwick Shocker
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga