Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight