Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park