Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Despite Challenges, Gulfstream West Steady
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November