Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam