Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf