Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu