Tavner B. Dunlap, a Central Kentucky owner/breeder, died Feb. 4 at his Versailles, Ky., home. The Lexington native was 59.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Bishop Court Hill, winner of the Carter Handicap (gr. I), is the lone open stakes winner in Saturday's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Sackatoga Stable's 2003 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) hero Funny Cide makes his debut as a 6-year-old in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds