The Texas Animal Health Commission has issued a temporary waiver on the requirement to test Thoroughbreds for piroplasmosis before they can enter a sanctioned Texas racetrack.
Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has announced that 17 projects will be funded during 2011. Nine of the projects are scheduled to be launched this year and eight will be in their second year of funding.
Chilean group I turf winner Mister Acpen returned to training at Santa Anita earlier this month after more than a year long odyssey stemming from his contraction of a rare disease that was discovered upon his return to the United States from Hong Kong, trainer Kristin Mulhall revealed.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win