The Texas Animal Health Commission has issued a temporary waiver on the requirement to test Thoroughbreds for piroplasmosis before they can enter a sanctioned Texas racetrack.
Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has announced that 17 projects will be funded during 2011. Nine of the projects are scheduled to be launched this year and eight will be in their second year of funding.
Chilean group I turf winner Mister Acpen returned to training at Santa Anita earlier this month after more than a year long odyssey stemming from his contraction of a rare disease that was discovered upon his return to the United States from Hong Kong, trainer Kristin Mulhall revealed.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Favorable Reviews of Fasig-Tipton Under Tack Show
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Honorable Duty Latest Big Winner for Walsh
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death