Hall of Fame jockey Julie Krone stole the show Saturday during the Claiming Crown series at Canterbury Park, winning the two biggest races of the day aboard Image in the $118,250 Emerald Stakes and on Daunting in the $141,000 Jewel.
Shake You Down continued to show an affinity for an off track, running fast fractions over a sloppy surface at Belmont Park to win the $190,000 True North Breeders' Cup (gr. II). It was the fourth straight win for Shake You Down since being claimed by trainer Scott Lake, the last two graded stakes victories.
Michael Gill's Pioneer Boy rolled to an impressive victory in the $200,000 Maryland Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll