Hall of Fame jockey Julie Krone stole the show Saturday during the Claiming Crown series at Canterbury Park, winning the two biggest races of the day aboard Image in the $118,250 Emerald Stakes and on Daunting in the $141,000 Jewel.
Shake You Down continued to show an affinity for an off track, running fast fractions over a sloppy surface at Belmont Park to win the $190,000 True North Breeders' Cup (gr. II). It was the fourth straight win for Shake You Down since being claimed by trainer Scott Lake, the last two graded stakes victories.
Michael Gill's Pioneer Boy rolled to an impressive victory in the $200,000 Maryland Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride