Hall of Fame jockey Julie Krone stole the show Saturday during the Claiming Crown series at Canterbury Park, winning the two biggest races of the day aboard Image in the $118,250 Emerald Stakes and on Daunting in the $141,000 Jewel.
Shake You Down continued to show an affinity for an off track, running fast fractions over a sloppy surface at Belmont Park to win the $190,000 True North Breeders' Cup (gr. II). It was the fourth straight win for Shake You Down since being claimed by trainer Scott Lake, the last two graded stakes victories.
Michael Gill's Pioneer Boy rolled to an impressive victory in the $200,000 Maryland Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic