Hall of Fame jockey Julie Krone stole the show Saturday during the Claiming Crown series at Canterbury Park, winning the two biggest races of the day aboard Image in the $118,250 Emerald Stakes and on Daunting in the $141,000 Jewel.
Shake You Down continued to show an affinity for an off track, running fast fractions over a sloppy surface at Belmont Park to win the $190,000 True North Breeders' Cup (gr. II). It was the fourth straight win for Shake You Down since being claimed by trainer Scott Lake, the last two graded stakes victories.
Michael Gill's Pioneer Boy rolled to an impressive victory in the $200,000 Maryland Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered