Bill Kaplan, one of South Florida's most successful trainers over the past 30 years and conditioner of 2011 champion female sprinter Musical Romance, will retire from training after this weekend.
Musical Romance, who sold for $1.6 million at the Fasig-Tipton November sale, is headed to Japan where she will be a broodmare, one of her former owners said.
Having stunned the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) a year ago at odds of 20-1, reigning divisional champion Musical Romance seeks to defend her title in the 2012 edition of the race.
Musical Romance, the 2011 champion female sprinter, tops the field of 10 fillies and mares set to contest the $300,000 Vinery Madison Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland on April 12.
Pinnacle Racing Stable and trainer Bill Kaplan's longshot Musical Romance (by Concorde's Tune) pulled away on the inside in the stretch to take the $1 million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup