Ahmed Zayat, owner of dual classic winner and Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah, said a lawsuit seeking to collect from him $1.65 million in gambling debts amounts to extortion.
The planned purchase of Retama Park by Pinnacle Entertainment, a transaction approved in December by the Texas Racing Commission, was completed Jan. 30.
The Obama administration says it's named Michigan Racing Commissioner Christine White as state executive director for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Farm Service Agency.
Pinnacle Race Course will open for its second season of live Thoroughbred racing on Friday, June 5, with the 82-day meet running through Saturday, Oct. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Apprentice Aparicio Rides First U.S. Winner