Ahmed Zayat, owner of dual classic winner and Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah, said a lawsuit seeking to collect from him $1.65 million in gambling debts amounts to extortion.
The planned purchase of Retama Park by Pinnacle Entertainment, a transaction approved in December by the Texas Racing Commission, was completed Jan. 30.
The Obama administration says it's named Michigan Racing Commissioner Christine White as state executive director for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Farm Service Agency.
Pinnacle Race Course will open for its second season of live Thoroughbred racing on Friday, June 5, with the 82-day meet running through Saturday, Oct. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding