Ahmed Zayat, owner of dual classic winner and Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah, said a lawsuit seeking to collect from him $1.65 million in gambling debts amounts to extortion.
The planned purchase of Retama Park by Pinnacle Entertainment, a transaction approved in December by the Texas Racing Commission, was completed Jan. 30.
The Obama administration says it's named Michigan Racing Commissioner Christine White as state executive director for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Farm Service Agency.
Pinnacle Race Course will open for its second season of live Thoroughbred racing on Friday, June 5, with the 82-day meet running through Saturday, Oct. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD