Odds-on choice Mint Lane controlled the pace and was never threatened while posting a 2 3/4-length victory in the $198,500 Dwyer Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II), tallying his first graded win for trainer James Jerkens July 6 at Belmont Park.
John Servis has not been on the Triple Crown trail since Smarty Jones captivated the Thoroughbred racing world in 2004. The veteran trainer will try to change that this year, as he sends out Indian Jump in the $150,000 Federico Tesio Stakes April 19 at Pimlico Race Course, a 1 1/8-mile dirt event that serves as the local prep for the May 17 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Barkley Sound kept his perfect Tampa Bay Downs record intact by winning the $75,000 Pasco Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday in the time of 1:24.1 for the seven-furlong distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Increases on Day 1 of Tattersalls Foal Sale
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29
- Golden Rod Holds Plenty of Opportunity
- First Winner for Hostile Takeover
- Moshaagib to Enter Stud at Nicks Farm
- Condo Commando Tries 2 Turns in Demoiselle