An evenly-matched field of nine older fillies and mares heads postward July 3 in the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), each seeking her first graded stakes score.
The June 30 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park has attracted a diverse group of fillies and mares, with graded stakes winners Ruthenia, Heavenly Landing, and Unbridled Humor being the standouts.
Virginia Kraft Payson's Ruthenia made the most of her Monmouth Park debut with a come-from-behind victory in the $100,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 28 at the New Jersey racetrack.
Love and Pride, who has made it a habit of getting out to the lead, will be trying for her second stakes win of the year when she takes on eight rivals in the Allaire DuPont Distaff Stakes (gr. III).
Despite off-the-board efforts in their last starts, Bizzy Caroline and Dynamic Holiday are among the top contenders for the $150,000 Pin Oak Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 21 at Keeneland.
With only 6 fillies, it should be easy to predict the order. Right? Predict the Order
Jason, Tom and Les Instone of TwinSpires.com handicap the stacked Alabama Stakes at Saratoga. watch video
After winning consecutive grade I races, It's Tricky has earned the title as leader of the 3-year-old filly division. The daughter of Mineshaft will have to prove herself all over again against a stellar field in the Alabama.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio