Retired jockey Merlin Volzke will become the first of his profession to receive the Laffit Pincay Jr. Award in a presentation by the Hall of Fame rider during the July 11 TVG/Betfair Hollywood Gold Cup program at Hollywood Park.
Longtime California steward Pete Pedersen has been named the winner of the 2008 Laffit Pincay Jr. Award. He will be honored June 28 when the Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) is run for the 69th time.
Trainer Noble Threewitt, 94, has been selected as the second recipient of Hollywood Park's Laffit Pincay Jr. Award presented annually to an individual who has served the sport with integrity, extraordinary dedication, determination, and distinction.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015