Retired jockey Merlin Volzke will become the first of his profession to receive the Laffit Pincay Jr. Award in a presentation by the Hall of Fame rider during the July 11 TVG/Betfair Hollywood Gold Cup program at Hollywood Park.
Longtime California steward Pete Pedersen has been named the winner of the 2008 Laffit Pincay Jr. Award. He will be honored June 28 when the Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) is run for the 69th time.
Trainer Noble Threewitt, 94, has been selected as the second recipient of Hollywood Park's Laffit Pincay Jr. Award presented annually to an individual who has served the sport with integrity, extraordinary dedication, determination, and distinction.
Most Popular Stories
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio