It took WinStar Farm's homebred Commissioner seven tries to get his first graded stakes score, but the A.P. Indy colt appears to have found his best stride at the 1 3/16-mile distance.
WinStar Farm's Skip Away Stakes (gr. III) winner Commissioner will look to claim his second graded event in a row in the $300,000 Pimlico Special Stakes May 15 at Pimlico Race Course.
The Pimlico Special (gr. III), returning to the Pimlico racing calendar after a three-year hiatus, has drawn a sold field of 10 handicap horses, headed by Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) winner Alternation.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park