The $1.5 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 17 at Pimlico Race Course will provide a joyous homecoming for Willie Delgado, the exercise rider of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome.
In Maryland's efforts to comply with the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication and Drug Testing program, the Maryland Board of Public Works has approved a five-year contract with Truesdail Laboratories of Tustin, Calif.
Larry Jones has been a looming presence on the backside of Pimlico Racecourse during the week leading up to the May 19 137th Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another departed Churchill Downs at 1:19 p.m. May 7 and was taken to nearby Louisville International Airport for a flight to Baltimore, Md.
The overnight ratings for NBC's coverage of the Preakness Stakes May 20 indicated a small drop-off in viewers from 2005's numbers. The overnights, which measure viewership in 54 major markets, gave the overall telecast a 5.7 rating and a 14 share, down 4% from last year's 5.9/14.
NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for National Television - Live Racing Programming for its production of the 2002 Preakness Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season