The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
Pimlico Race Course and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the world's largest breast cancer organization, have announced a partnership to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day May 14.
Kent Desormeaux, one of Maryland's all-time leading riders and a two-time winner of the Preakness (gr. I), took home the $14,000 first prize in the inaugural Pimlico Jockey Challenge May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris