The Maryland Jockey Club has unveiled the 2006 Pimlico spring stakes schedule after reaching agreements with both the Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
A trio of graded stakes winners highlight the 10-horse field for Friday's $150,000 Pimlico Breeders' Cup Distaff Handicap (gr. III), going 1 1/16 miles at Pimlico Race Course. The field is highlighted by grade I winner Nonsuch Bay and grade II winners Roar Emotion and Smok'n Frolic.
Colony survived an eyeball to eyeball run through the Pimlico stretch with Dancethruthedawn to win the $150,000 Pimlico Breeders' Cup Distaff Handicap (gr. III) by a nose, kicking off the stakes action on Black-Eyed Susan day.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015