The Maryland Jockey Club has unveiled the 2006 Pimlico spring stakes schedule after reaching agreements with both the Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
A trio of graded stakes winners highlight the 10-horse field for Friday's $150,000 Pimlico Breeders' Cup Distaff Handicap (gr. III), going 1 1/16 miles at Pimlico Race Course. The field is highlighted by grade I winner Nonsuch Bay and grade II winners Roar Emotion and Smok'n Frolic.
Colony survived an eyeball to eyeball run through the Pimlico stretch with Dancethruthedawn to win the $150,000 Pimlico Breeders' Cup Distaff Handicap (gr. III) by a nose, kicking off the stakes action on Black-Eyed Susan day.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start