Divine Fortune, the Eclipse Award-winning champion steeplechase horse of 2013, started a successful defense of his title May 10, winning the Iroquois Stakes (NSA-I) at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
A voting overview of the 2012 Eclipse Award winners and other candidates, along with number of first-place votes for each category is listed in this story.
Pierrot Lunaire pulled off what no other horse did over hurdles in 2012, winning back-to-back National Steeplechase Association grade I races to take home an Eclipse Award as outstanding steeplechaser.
Pierrot Lunaire took a big step toward a possible steeplechase Eclipse Award when he came from off the pace to overtake Divine Fortune in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I) at New Jersey's 92nd Far Hills Races Oct. 20.
Demonstrative, winner of the New York Turf Writers Cup Handicap (NSA-I), will battle with several veteran runners and new arrivals to American racing in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I), at Far Hills Races Oct. 20.
Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Steeplechase owner Calvin Houghland, who had recently turned 93, died Oct. 27.
Recent English import Pierrot Lunaire denied champion Good Night Shirt his third consecutive Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) victory May 9 when he came from off the pace to win the $150,000 event at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Good Night Shirt is the overwhelming favorite to win the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase Stakes (NSA-I) for the third consecutive year May 9 in Nashville, Tenn.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer