The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced its 2008 inductees May 20. Four horses and four people will be honored at a Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Mississauga Convention Centre Aug. 28.
Scatter the Gold's bid to follow in his mother's footsteps by sweeping the Canadian Triple Crown fell a little over three lengths short Saturday as the Sam-Son Farm's homebred finished third in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The Todd Pletcher-trained Lodge Hill earned the win, completing the 1 1/2-mile turf race, run over firm turf, in 2:28.97.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award