The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced its 2008 inductees May 20. Four horses and four people will be honored at a Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Mississauga Convention Centre Aug. 28.
Scatter the Gold's bid to follow in his mother's footsteps by sweeping the Canadian Triple Crown fell a little over three lengths short Saturday as the Sam-Son Farm's homebred finished third in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The Todd Pletcher-trained Lodge Hill earned the win, completing the 1 1/2-mile turf race, run over firm turf, in 2:28.97.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race