The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced its 2008 inductees May 20. Four horses and four people will be honored at a Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Mississauga Convention Centre Aug. 28.
Scatter the Gold's bid to follow in his mother's footsteps by sweeping the Canadian Triple Crown fell a little over three lengths short Saturday as the Sam-Son Farm's homebred finished third in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The Todd Pletcher-trained Lodge Hill earned the win, completing the 1 1/2-mile turf race, run over firm turf, in 2:28.97.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC