The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced its 2008 inductees May 20. Four horses and four people will be honored at a Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Mississauga Convention Centre Aug. 28.
Scatter the Gold's bid to follow in his mother's footsteps by sweeping the Canadian Triple Crown fell a little over three lengths short Saturday as the Sam-Son Farm's homebred finished third in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The Todd Pletcher-trained Lodge Hill earned the win, completing the 1 1/2-mile turf race, run over firm turf, in 2:28.97.
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba