The Tattersalls December Foal Sale got off to a positive start Nov. 26 with across-the-board increases and a top price of 65,000 guineas for a colt by Bated Breath.
The Book 2 portion of Tattersalls' October yearling sale generated increases of 18.8% in gross, 8.5% in average price, and 13.2% in median price from a year ago during its second session.
A son of Oratorio topped day three of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland, bringing 90,000 euros from Pier House Stud.
International champion Johannesburg was represented by his first winner when his son, Johannesburg Jack, won May 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double