Rosinka overcame a scary sequence in the stretch run to win the Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) over the inner turf course on closing day of the 2007 meeting at Saratoga Sept. 3. It was the Irish-bred filly's fourth consecutive win.
Shadwell Stable's grade II winner Makderah looks to make amends from her third-place finish as the heavy favorite in the Diana Handicap (gr. IT) earlier in the Saratoga meet when she meets eight rivals in the $100,000 Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 11 furlongs Sept. 3.
Vacare, purchased in November for $2.8 million, remained undefeated in five career starts when she won the Magna Distaff Sunday at Gulfstream Park, while Godolphin standout Ashkal Way had to work hard to prevail in the Lure.
Chelsea Rose gave veteran trainer Con Collins his first group I success in 20 years when she captured the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-old fillies at The Curragh Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- S'Maverlous is Cornhusker Highweight