Trainer Ron McAnally says the classy Mea Domina is up to the task despite being sidelined for six months when she faces nine fillies and mares in Saturday's $150,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Santa Anita turf.
Favored Elusive Diva came off the hillside in a perfect position and drew away in the stretch for a three-length win in the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf Wednesday, opening day of the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita.
The presence of Juddmonte Farms' grade I winner Intercontinental scared off half the rivals entered for Sunday's $200,000 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) and the 3-5 favorite showed the other half why, registering an easy victory on the Hollywood Park turf.
Ticker Tape, winner of the 2004 American Oaks (gr. IT), will be reunited with jockey Kent Desormeaux Sunday when facing eight other fillies and mares in the $200,000 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) at one mile on the Hollywood Park turf.
The British-bred Pickle notched her second straight graded stakes win since her arrival in the United States when she captured the $80,625 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Pickle, who won the Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park by a nose on April 23, stands out among the eight fillies and mares set to start in the $100,000 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Northern California invader Pickle was in deep trouble with jockey Jon Court when graded stakes winner Makeup Artist found room to rally in deep stretch, but the British-bred filly made it to the wire just in time to win the $109,600 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move