A national public opinion survey found that 69% of Americans are against killing horses for human consumption. The findings come just a week before the U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on a bill that would end horse slaughter for human consumption.
A legislative hearing Tuesday by the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection concerning the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act drew a large crowd, causing the hearing to be moved after opening remarks.
Rock Hard Ten, a multiple grade I winner and impressive winner of the Goodwood Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Oak Tree Oct. 1 in what would be his final race, will stand the 2006 breeding season at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky. The son of the late leading sire Kris S. will stand for $50,000 it was announced Friday morning.
Rock Hard Ten, one of the favorites for the Oct. 29 Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), has had his shipping plans to New York delayed because of a small bruise on his left front foot.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent