Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Departing and Michael Langford's Carve, both based at Churchill Downs, are among six entered in the $125,000 Homecoming Classic at 1 1/8 miles Sept. 27 at the Kentucky racetrack.
Alto Racing's Winning Cause got up in the final strides of the $200,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) April 20 at Keeneland, earning 20 points on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The April 20 Coolmore Lexington (gr. III) offers 20 points and a potential place in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) starting gate, but not all contenders in the last-minute prep will aim for the first Saturday in May.
Magdalena Racing's Pure Fun, seeking to secure enough points to get into the May 3 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), is set to challenge males in the April 20 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
- By Pete Denk
Handicapping the weekend's major prep races. read blog
A field of 10 has been entered for the $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) March 30 at Gulfstream Park, although three horses are getting almost all of the attention: Itsmyluckyday, Shanghai Bobby, and Orb.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park