Tom LaMarra and Pete Denk discuss Pick 4s, 5s, and 6s. Sponsored by HRTV.
Betfair Hollywood Park will continue to offer the Players' Pick 5 at the reduced takeout rate of 14% when the spring/summer meet begins April 25.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Calder Casino & Race Course will begin its 40th anniversary season April 25, with changes that include adding a Pick 5 on its last five races.
After receiving approval from the California Horse Racing Board and the Thoroughbred Owners of California, Hollywood Park will offer a reduced takeout Pick 5 on its wagering menu when the Spring/Summer meet begins April 21.
Prairie Meadows is suing track announcer Ken Miller over the patent rights to a "Pick 5" wager Miller conceived and the track plans to offer. The tug-of-war has created such a strain that the Iowa racetrack and casino has suspended Miller, who has called races there since 1989.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks