Her Smile, third in the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) when last seen, will make her season debut for her new connections Feb. 19 in the $150,000 Hurricane Bertie (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Pomeroys Pistol began her season winning a graded stakes at Gulfstream Park and ended her season by doing the same, as she bounded away for a two-length win in the $100,000 Sugar Swirl (gr. III) on Dec. 10.
Pomeroys Pistol, winner of a graded stakes at Gulfstream Park earlier this year and coming off a solid effort in the Breeders' Cup, is the one to beat in the $100,000 Sugar Swirl (gr. III) Dec. 10.
A dominant winner of the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) to kick off the Santa Anita season, Switch returns to action Jan. 30 seeking her second grade I triumph in a row in the $250,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. I).
Trainer John Sadler and jockey Joel Rosario, who teamed to win last year's La Brea Stakes (gr. I) with Evita Argentina, seem well-spotted to repeat in the $250,000 event with the hard-knocking Switch at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Champagne d'Oro, winner of the June 5 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, struck again, this time at Saratoga Aug. 7 in the seven-furlong Test Stakes (gr. I). Bonnie Blue Flag was second.
The Aug. 7 seven-furlong Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga will feature a deep, talented field of 3-year-old fillies featuring stakes winners and undefeated up-and-comers
Terra Di Sienna's Pica Slew caught pacesetter Rapport at the eighth-pole and cruised to a two-length win in the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) July 10 at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze