Comcast, the broadcasting network of Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack's daily television show PhoneBet TV, has announced it will remove the show from its lineup effective March 31.
Philadelphia Park has been asked to cease handling account wagers on racing affiliated with TrackNet Media Group unless the Pennsylvania track signs a new licensing agreement with the content group.
TV Games Network has reached an agreement with Philadelphia Park to begin broadcasting and taking wagers on races from the southeast Pennsylvania racetrack effective March 4.
Purses for July at Philadelphia Park averaged just under $120,000 a day, but in a year, they will be almost twice that amount, with much more growth expected when revenue from slot machines begins pouring in.
Colonial Downs announced July 13 it received a license from the Virginia Racing Commission and immediately began its "Colonial Downs PhoneBet" account wagering operation. It is the only licensed operation in the state.
Magna Entertainment Corp. initiated restrictions upon or pulled its live racing signals from most account-wagering services effective Dec. 26, and at least one operator isn't happy about the developments.
The Racing Channel, an online handicapping and odds service with links to Philadelphia Park's Phonebet service, was granted approval to operate a "multi-jurisdictional simulcasting and interactive wagering totalizator hub" in Oregon. The approval includes an international marketing service that would take wagers from the United Kingdom through legal bookmakers.
Customers of the Philadelphia Park Phonebet system can now use the Internet to make wagers. Greenwood Racing, which owns the Pennsylvania racetrack, has unveiled "Phonebet.com," a Web site for computerized betting. Users can watch live odds, the live race feed, and make bets simply by using their mouse.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green