Grade I winner Dixie Chatter has been retired from racing and will stand in 2010 at Martin and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif.
If Dixie Chatter wins the Oct. 27 Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), proverbial lightning will have struck Tony Holmes' Marula Park Stud near Lexington twice in the span of three years.
If Breeders' Cup history repeats itself at this year's World Thoroughbred Championships, bet on sunny weather and horses who have raced previously at Santa Anita.
After a drastic downturn Monday from the comparable session one year ago, the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale rebounded Tuesday as the second day average and median were more closely in line with the comparable day one year ago.
For the first time in its 54-year history, Belmont's Prioress Stakes will be run Wednesday as a grade I event. Most of the race's seven starters could make the event their first grade I win as Stormy Pick is the only member of that exclusive club slated to race Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby