Peace Chant, a 6-year-old whose parents are Breeders' Cup winners War Chant and Safely Kept, scored the first stakes triumph of his career when he rallied from far back to capture the $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap at Turf Paradise Feb. 14.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015
- Foreign Policy to Stand at River Oaks Farms
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- What's Going On Here: Gary Player's Top 10
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST