Peace Chant, a 6-year-old whose parents are Breeders' Cup winners War Chant and Safely Kept, scored the first stakes triumph of his career when he rallied from far back to capture the $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap at Turf Paradise Feb. 14.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Barretts Sets 2015 Auction Schedule
- Lexington Horseman Snellings Dies at Age 81