Marathon Farm got a bargain when they bought Stone Hope, the dam of Belmont Stakes contender Street Life, for $25,000 in January.
The racing career of graded stakes winner Rush Bay ended when he apparently took a bad step on the Churchill Downs turf course on Saturday as he was closing in on an apparent victory in his season debut.
Rush Bay, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, rallied from just off the pace and held off Purim in a long stretch duel to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,000 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives