Marathon Farm got a bargain when they bought Stone Hope, the dam of Belmont Stakes contender Street Life, for $25,000 in January.
The racing career of graded stakes winner Rush Bay ended when he apparently took a bad step on the Churchill Downs turf course on Saturday as he was closing in on an apparent victory in his season debut.
Rush Bay, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, rallied from just off the pace and held off Purim in a long stretch duel to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,000 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- Lenny's Place - Episode 2
- New Meet, New Racing Surface
- Shedding My Mask
- A Great Ambassador