Marathon Farm got a bargain when they bought Stone Hope, the dam of Belmont Stakes contender Street Life, for $25,000 in January.
The racing career of graded stakes winner Rush Bay ended when he apparently took a bad step on the Churchill Downs turf course on Saturday as he was closing in on an apparent victory in his season debut.
Rush Bay, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, rallied from just off the pace and held off Purim in a long stretch duel to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,000 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Divisidero, Bolo Square Off in Belmont Derby
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University