Youbet.com announced the resignation of Phillip Hermann as chief financial officer at the same it welcomed Guy Chipparoni to its board of directors. Hermann is the fifth officer and/or director to leave Youbet.com since November.
Youbet.com has appointed Charles Champion as its new president and chief operating officer effective immediately.
Youbet.com's significant decreases in third quarter revenue and handle is being blamed on the weak economy and the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. Revenue fell 19% to $1.13 million for the third quarter ending Sept. 30, down from $1.39 million for the same period of 2000. Handle also dropped 16% to $18.8 million, down from $22.4 million a year ago.
Robert Fell has stepped down as chief executive officer of Youbet.com, an online horse racing and wagering company, and will be replaced by two men. Vice presidents Ronald Luniewski and Phillip C. Hermann will share CEO duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds