West Point Thoroughbreds' Commanding Curve has been retired from racing and will begin retraining for a second career with Olympic level three-day event rider Phillip Dutton, according to a May 24 release.
Dutton, friends with Ring Weekend's trainer Graham Motion, joined this partnership to get involved in racing with a high caliber horse like the multiple graded stakes winning son of Tapit.
Thoroughbred Charities of America will honor Graham and Anita Motion with the Allaire duPont Leadership Award and CANTER with the TCA Industry Service Award at the Select Stallion Season Auction Jan. 10 in Lexington.
What great things might come from the combination of eventing legend Phillip Dutton and track hero Icabad Crane? read blog
The Retired Racehorse Training Project and New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program will once again promote adoption of Thoroughbred ex-racehorses in their educational Thoroughbreds For All event April 26 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth