Don't Tell Sophia, last rounding the far turn, roared down the stretch to register her first grade I victory in the Juddmonte Spinster Stakes Oct. 5 on the Keeneland main track as overwhelming favorite Close Hatches fizzled.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Proviso, expected to make her next start in the $2 million TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), worked Oct. 23 for the first time since she won the First Lady for her fourth consecutive grade I win.
Hot Cha Cha used a ground-saving trip under James Graham and outdueled three rivals along the hedge in the final furlong to win the Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) by three-quarters of a length June 5 at Churchill.
Nelson McMakin's homebred Hot Cha Cha angled four-wide for her stretch run and caught 2-1 favorite Romacaca inside the sixteenth pole to post a 1 1/4-length victory under James Graham in the $200,000 Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) Sept. 7 on the Arlington Park turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- STATS, Equibase Launch STATS Race Lens Mobile Version
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell