Don't Tell Sophia, last rounding the far turn, roared down the stretch to register her first grade I victory in the Juddmonte Spinster Stakes Oct. 5 on the Keeneland main track as overwhelming favorite Close Hatches fizzled.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Proviso, expected to make her next start in the $2 million TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), worked Oct. 23 for the first time since she won the First Lady for her fourth consecutive grade I win.
Hot Cha Cha used a ground-saving trip under James Graham and outdueled three rivals along the hedge in the final furlong to win the Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) by three-quarters of a length June 5 at Churchill.
Nelson McMakin's homebred Hot Cha Cha angled four-wide for her stretch run and caught 2-1 favorite Romacaca inside the sixteenth pole to post a 1 1/4-length victory under James Graham in the $200,000 Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) Sept. 7 on the Arlington Park turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process