New York-bred Weekend Hideaway dispatched pacesetter Happy My Way with a furlong to run and romped clear to win the $100,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Sprint Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park.
Carl Lizza in recent years revamped his breeding program to upgrade his stock, but he didn't live long enough to reap the rewards. The New York owner and breeder died just two weeks before Pure Gossip made her racing debut.
I Lost My Choo showed no rust from a nearly seven-month layoff, as the 4-year-old filly drew away in mid-stretch for a two-length score in the $100,000 Honey Fox (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Gulfstream Park March 7.
Fresh off her impressive victory in last month's Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT), Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo tries to take the next step in her budding career, as she takes on seven rivals in the $150,000 Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) Aug. 15 on the Saratoga turf.
Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo seeks her fifth victory of the year and the first graded stakes triumph of her young career, as she takes on nine 3-year-old fillies in the $200,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) July 19 on the Colonial Downs turf.
Millionaire turf competitor Cosmonaut returned from a freshening to win the $148,500 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup on soft going at odds of 4-5 in his first start for trainer Philip Serpe Feb. 23 in Oldsmar, Fla.
Jockey Heberto Castillo Jr. was taken to North Shore University Hospital after his mount, A Moment in Dixie, ducked into the rail during the stretch run of the ninth and final race Friday afternoon at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution