Lightly raced Silkwood, who had just three lifetime starts to her credit, ran away with the 12 furlong Ribblesdale Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot on Thursday.
Maktoum al Maktoum's Court Masterpiece finally got over the group hump and posted his first win in such company when he edged Jack Sullivan in Tuesday's Lennox Stakes (Eng-II) at England's Goodwood Racecourse.
Jockey Philip Robinson guided the 6-year-old Rakti to the front early and went on to a five-length romp and a Newbury track record in the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) Saturday.
Irish-bred Alexander Goldrun became the first filly to win the HK$18 million (US$2,319,289) Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) by edging out American-bred Bullish Luck at the wire by a short head at Sha Tin Racecourse Sunday. Touch of Land was three-quarters of a length back for third.
Rakti held off Lucky Story for a half-length victory Saturday in the $556,530 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I), the last big event before the Ascot course is closed and rebuilt.
There was no storybook ending for the careers of both Nayef and Alamshar in Saturday's Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket. Gary Tanaka's Rakti played the spoiler while ridden out for a surprisingly easy two-length victory.
A pair of British-trained runners dominated Sunday's Gran Premio di Milan (Italy-I) at San Siro as Godolphin's Leadership upset Clive Brittain's Warrsan.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Morshdi utilized a wide rally to win the fourth leg of the Emirates World Series, the UAE Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off