With a powerful move around the far turn, 16-1 Duke of Mischief swept to the lead and rolled to a 2 1/4-length win in the $300,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Aug. 21
Monmouth's stable gates opened April 5, officially kicking off training for their 2010 "Million Dollar Meet." Among the first to arrive are New Jersey stalwarts Kelly Breen, Gregg Sacco, and Joe Pierce.
Locally-based Chirac broke on top and never looked back, powering his way to a 12-1 upset against five rivals that included odds-on favorite Coal Play in the $300,000 Philip H. Iselin (gr. III) Aug. 22 in the Monmouth Park slop.
Master Command may have been at a level over his head when he ran a well-beaten sixth in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs June 16. If that was the case, the 5-year-old son of A.P. Indy looks to be on the opposite end of the spectrum for the $300,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Aug. 18.
TVG announced that it will welcome its newest exclusive racetrack partner, Monmouth Park, with live on-track coverage of the 2007 racing season's opening weekend from the Jersey Shore racetrack.
Master Command will carry top weight of 121 pounds while breaking from the rail Saturday at Monmouth Park in the 72nd Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) and face seven rivals. The Iselin, worth $250,000, has a post time of approximately 4:52 p.m. EDT.
Cherokee's Boy, winner of the Salvator Mile (gr. III) at Monmouth last out, and Purge, who romped in an allowance race the Haskell Invitational Day card, look set to top a field of six in Sunday's 70th running of the $250,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans