Closing Argument, the Successful Appeal colt, who came within a half-length of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) glory, had trainer Kiaran McLaughlin smiling Monday morning after he breezed a half-mile in :49 flat over the main track at Belmont Park in his final preparation for Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Philip and Marcia's Cohen's Closing Argument breezed four furlongs in :49.20 Monday over the training track at Keeneland.
Philip and Marcia Cohen's Closing Argument, winner of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) and one of the most prominent 3-year-olds on the 2005 Triple Crown trail, worked a handy five furlongs in 1:01.40 at Palm Meadows Feb. 28.
Stalker Closing Argument registered a game 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Holy Bull (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park, handing 3-5 favorite High Fly his first defeat Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares