Closing Argument, the Successful Appeal colt, who came within a half-length of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) glory, had trainer Kiaran McLaughlin smiling Monday morning after he breezed a half-mile in :49 flat over the main track at Belmont Park in his final preparation for Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Philip and Marcia's Cohen's Closing Argument breezed four furlongs in :49.20 Monday over the training track at Keeneland.
Philip and Marcia Cohen's Closing Argument, winner of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) and one of the most prominent 3-year-olds on the 2005 Triple Crown trail, worked a handy five furlongs in 1:01.40 at Palm Meadows Feb. 28.
Stalker Closing Argument registered a game 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Holy Bull (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park, handing 3-5 favorite High Fly his first defeat Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- The Devil You Say