The top three finishers from last year's race plus four horses who competed in last month's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) are among the 11 entries for Saturday's $300,000 De Francis Dash (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course.
Michael Dubb's Alysweep overcame an early slip, sweeping outside of favored Philadelphia Jim and drawing off to a 1 ½-length victory in the $79,800 Fred "Cappy" Capossela for 3-year-olds Monday at Aqueduct.
Trainer Gary Contessa, a 30-year racetrack veteran, has had high hopes for Unswept, who begins his 3-year-old season in Monday's $75,000 Fred "Cappy" Capossela at Aqueduct.
Michael Gill's Philadelphia Jim splashed his way to an easy victory in the $60,000 Dancing Count Stakes Wednesday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve