A Pennsylvania trainer and riding instructor charged with allegedly selling horses to contractors for a Canadian slaughterhouse is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 6 for a preliminary hearing.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Jan. 5 that Mike Jensen of the Philadelphia Inquirer has won the 2006 Media Eclipse Award for writing in the features/enterprise category for "The Man Whose Job is Saving Barbaro," a profile of Dr. Dean Richardson, which was published May 28, 2006. Honorable mention in the feature/enterprise category went to Josh Pons for "Merryland, a Diary" which appeared in The Blood-Horse Dec. 3, 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- KY Derby: Pletcher on April 18 Derby Works
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win