A Pennsylvania trainer and riding instructor charged with allegedly selling horses to contractors for a Canadian slaughterhouse is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 6 for a preliminary hearing.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Jan. 5 that Mike Jensen of the Philadelphia Inquirer has won the 2006 Media Eclipse Award for writing in the features/enterprise category for "The Man Whose Job is Saving Barbaro," a profile of Dr. Dean Richardson, which was published May 28, 2006. Honorable mention in the feature/enterprise category went to Josh Pons for "Merryland, a Diary" which appeared in The Blood-Horse Dec. 3, 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned