Grade I winner Presious Passion should get the firm ground he likes for his return to Gulfstream Park Feb. 21 in the $150,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) following a narrow miss in the Sunshine Millions Turf last month.
Kip Deville, one of the nation's leading grass milers, will be asked to go a little farther when he makes his seasonal debut in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 1 for trainer Rick Dutrow Jr.
When Fox Hill Farms' Rick Porter acquired promising Argentine-bred Solar Flare last winter and sent him to trainer Larry Jones at Fair Grounds, there were high expectations. But as talented as the 4-year-old was, the son of Salt Lake arrived with issues to be worked out.
Five years after running in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Santa Anita, Evening Attire will have a chance to run on America's richest day of racing once again, as the remarkable 10-year-old iron horse romped to a 8 1/4-length victory in the $250,000 Greenwood Cup at Philadelphia Park, in the process breaking a 16-year-old track record and locking up a berth in the newly-created Breeders' Cup Marathon.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes