By virtue of her impressive score in the Nov. 2 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, Don't Tell Sophia will be the 122-pound high weight and likely favorite when she goes postward in the Falls City Handicap (gr. II).
Champion juvenile filly of 2011 My Miss Aurelia is scheduled to begin her 4-year-old season in the $150,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Don't Tell Sophia was a $1,000 yearling purchase in 2009. On Feb. 16 she ran them off their feet at Oaklawn Park, easily putting 6 1/2 lengths over her nearest competitor in the $98,000 Bayakoa Stakes.
The use of racehorse medications and importance of owner education were among the topics discussed among trainers Kellyn Gorder, Tom Proctor, and Phil Sims at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at Keeneland.
Hot Cha Cha found room along the inside turning for home and pulled away in the stretch under James Graham for an 8-1 upset in the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) Oct. 17 at Keeneland.
In an NTRA Road to the Triple Crown teleconference April 17, equine orthopedic surgeon Dr. Larry Bramlage discussed equine health and safety issues while trainers Phil Sims, Dick Small, and Mark Shuman talked about their plans for the upcoming Coolmore Lexington (gr. II) and Federico Tesio (gr. III) Stakes on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record