It appears doubtful that an impasse between the company that controls the simulcast rights for Gulfstream Park and a cooperative representing 23 tracks in the Mid-Atlantic region will be resolved in time for the Dec. 6 start.
Simulcast players in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond looking forward to betting important meetings in California and Florida this week may have to wait.
Pari-mutuel industry veteran executive Phil O'Hara has been named the new executive director of the Mid Atlantic Cooperative, it was announced July 9.
Phil O'Hara has been named executive director of racetrack development for Daily Racing Form, the company announced Aug. 1.
The topic of late odds changes continues to shadow the pari-mutuel industry.
Equibase, the North American Thoroughbred industry's official database for racing information, announced Feb. 2 that it has recalibrated the scale of its Equibase Speed Figure, a numerical assessment of the quality of a horse's final time in a North American Thoroughbred race.
In an effort to curtail data theft, Equibase has reconstituted its electronic race results charts in a secure Portable Document Format.
Officials of Equibase and Keeneland Race Course were encouraged with the results of an automated tracking system that was tested during the first two weeks of the fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile