The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association announced June 16 that executive secretary John "Jeb" Hannum will leave his position with the PHBA in September.
Pennsylvania Thoroughbred breeding program continues to improve and offer healthy benefits, but breeders are keeping a watchful eye, again, on activities in the state Legislature.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association said it expects purse money for Pennsylvania-bred racehorses to increase this year.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association has named its champions and leaders for 2012.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association Political Action Committee will hold its third annual online stallion season auction Jan. 24, 25, and 26 to benefit the PAC and the racehorse retirement program Turning For Home.
The Pennsylvania horse racing and breeding industry is fighting proposed legislation that could take roughly $100 million from the Race Horse Development Fund and use it to help balance the state budget, which is billions of dollars short.
- By Tom LaMarra
Revenue from slot machines has allowed the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association to offer an expanded 33-event stakes schedule headed by the inaugural $125,000 "Smarty Jones Classic" in 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks