Favored Ticker Tape stormed past the leaders in the stretch with a powerful burst and held off the unlucky Barancella to win the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
A quality field of seven 3-year-old fillies will line up to contest the prestigious $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
Soviet Song overtook the strong pacesetter Attraction 40 yards from the wire to register her third consecutive group I win in the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown on Saturday.
It was a glorious day for American breeders at the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England Friday as U.S. bred horses won all three of the stakes on the card. Topping off the day was a victory by the 2-year-old Montgomery's Arch in the Richmond Stakes (Eng-II).
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York