Favored Ticker Tape stormed past the leaders in the stretch with a powerful burst and held off the unlucky Barancella to win the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
A quality field of seven 3-year-old fillies will line up to contest the prestigious $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
Soviet Song overtook the strong pacesetter Attraction 40 yards from the wire to register her third consecutive group I win in the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown on Saturday.
It was a glorious day for American breeders at the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England Friday as U.S. bred horses won all three of the stakes on the card. Topping off the day was a victory by the 2-year-old Montgomery's Arch in the Richmond Stakes (Eng-II).
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Remembering City Zip and His Epic Hopeful
- Can'thelpbelieving, Dragon Bay Duel in Nijinsky Stakes
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic