Favored Ticker Tape stormed past the leaders in the stretch with a powerful burst and held off the unlucky Barancella to win the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
A quality field of seven 3-year-old fillies will line up to contest the prestigious $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
Soviet Song overtook the strong pacesetter Attraction 40 yards from the wire to register her third consecutive group I win in the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown on Saturday.
It was a glorious day for American breeders at the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England Friday as U.S. bred horses won all three of the stakes on the card. Topping off the day was a victory by the 2-year-old Montgomery's Arch in the Richmond Stakes (Eng-II).
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet