Although the Sunshine Millions races feature horses bred in Florida and California, the likely favorite for the Sunshine Millions Oaks will be shipping in from Louisiana's Fair Grounds with jockey Shaun Bridgmohan along to ride for trainer Steve Asmussen.
Phantom Income and Preachin Man won divisions of the National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors Futurity at Meadowlands on the night of Sept. 29.
It's still early in the 2-year-old season, but it seems that Bob Baffert already has a slight leg up on the rest of the competition, as the trainer has a pair of good-looking prospects, both by 2002 Juvenile champion Vindication. One of them, More Happy, will headline a field of 10 in the 116th running of the $250,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 2 at Saratoga, the nation's first Grade I event of the year for 2-year-olds.
The Aug. 15 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga has attracted nine entrants, and they have combined for 11 wins from 16 starts, with none finishing out of the money.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile