Although the Sunshine Millions races feature horses bred in Florida and California, the likely favorite for the Sunshine Millions Oaks will be shipping in from Louisiana's Fair Grounds with jockey Shaun Bridgmohan along to ride for trainer Steve Asmussen.
Phantom Income and Preachin Man won divisions of the National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors Futurity at Meadowlands on the night of Sept. 29.
It's still early in the 2-year-old season, but it seems that Bob Baffert already has a slight leg up on the rest of the competition, as the trainer has a pair of good-looking prospects, both by 2002 Juvenile champion Vindication. One of them, More Happy, will headline a field of 10 in the 116th running of the $250,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 2 at Saratoga, the nation's first Grade I event of the year for 2-year-olds.
The Aug. 15 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga has attracted nine entrants, and they have combined for 11 wins from 16 starts, with none finishing out of the money.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Venus de Milo, Narniyn Square Off in Nassau
- City of Hope Designated Breeder's Cup Charity
- TOBA July Member of the Month