It had been almost two years since Get Serious earned his last victory, the 2010 edition of the $100,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park. On July 4 he made a definitive return to a familiar winner's circle.
Get Serious registered his eighth lifetime win 10 starts on the Monmouth Park turf when he tallied a front-running victory at odds of 7-1 in the $255,000 Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 12.
Get Serious set a solid pace and still had enough left in the tank to hold off a pair late-charging rivals to win the $175,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) by a head Sept. 6 at Monmouth Park.
Heavy rain at Monmouth Park Aug. 2 took the $200,000 Oceanport Stakes off the turf and left only three starters to contest the 1 1/16-mile event on the slop. When it was over, 5-year-old gelding Get Serious earned his first graded stakes victory by holding off Kiss the Kid by a neck.
Mary's Follies made her turf debut a successful one, taking over in upper stretch and then holding off a late charge from Kiawah Cat to win the $150,000 Boiling Springs (gr. IIIT) by a length June 27 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell