Ekati's Phaeton, a 25-1 shot, went wire-to-wire to win the $200,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 21 at Gulfstream Park. The 3-year-old daughter of Tale of Ekati covered the one-turn mile in 1:37.66.
Ekati's Phaeton wouldn't be denied in her bid for a first stakes victory, holding off R Sassy Lass through the stretch to take the $100,000 Old Hat (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park by a half length Jan. 3.
On the eve of the largest Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s June 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale in history, OBS president Tom Ventura is subscribing to the notion that the record number is a sign of strength.
The six-day under-tack preview for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s June sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses concluded June 14 with a pair of juveniles by Scat Daddy topping the fastest workers of the session.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'