Jockey Calvin Borel, leading rider during Churchill Downs' current fall meet, sustained multiple fractures to his right wrist and was scheduled to undergo surgery at Norton Audubon Hospital in Louisville, Ky., after being thrown from his horse in the fifth race on Churchill's Thanksgiving Day card Nov. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning