Jockey Calvin Borel, leading rider during Churchill Downs' current fall meet, sustained multiple fractures to his right wrist and was scheduled to undergo surgery at Norton Audubon Hospital in Louisville, Ky., after being thrown from his horse in the fifth race on Churchill's Thanksgiving Day card Nov. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby