The National Thoroughbred Racing Association June 5 reported growing support for its effort to change the way pari-mutuel winnings are calculated for tax purposes.
The Family Foundation of Kentucky is officially seeking to become party to legal action tied to proposed regulations for Instant Racing at the state's racetracks.
Pinnacle Race Course in Michigan has been approved by the Office of the Racing Commissioner to race 84 days in 2010.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is circulating a petition asking the General Assembly to support legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in the state.
A petition urging Churchill Downs to honor Fox Hill Farms' deceased filly Eight Belles by ringing eight bells, a nautical euphemism for "finished," prior to the 135th running of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is gaining momentum among horse lovers across the nation.
Horseplayers upset over the current state of account wagering in the United States are attempting to drum up support for a petition drive aimed at asking the industry's top organizations to intervene.
Cutbacks in benevolence and backstretch programs, as well as termination of an investigation into alleged financial misdeeds, have been cited as the reason why some members of the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have called for a new election of the president and board of directors.
A petition calling for a new election of the president and board of directors of the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has circulated in the wake of the resignation of Dr. Alex Harthill as president of the more than 6,000-member organization.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing