The Family Foundation of Kentucky is officially seeking to become party to legal action tied to proposed regulations for Instant Racing at the state's racetracks.
Pinnacle Race Course in Michigan has been approved by the Office of the Racing Commissioner to race 84 days in 2010.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is circulating a petition asking the General Assembly to support legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in the state.
A petition urging Churchill Downs to honor Fox Hill Farms' deceased filly Eight Belles by ringing eight bells, a nautical euphemism for "finished," prior to the 135th running of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is gaining momentum among horse lovers across the nation.
Horseplayers upset over the current state of account wagering in the United States are attempting to drum up support for a petition drive aimed at asking the industry's top organizations to intervene.
Cutbacks in benevolence and backstretch programs, as well as termination of an investigation into alleged financial misdeeds, have been cited as the reason why some members of the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have called for a new election of the president and board of directors.
A petition calling for a new election of the president and board of directors of the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has circulated in the wake of the resignation of Dr. Alex Harthill as president of the more than 6,000-member organization.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online