Force Freeze, runner-up in the 2011 Sentient Jet BC Sprint (gr. I), suffered a bowed tendon on the morning of April 7, Gulfstream Park reported.
After losing a couple of tough grade I races at the end of last season, Force Freeze served notice that he will be one of the top sprinters in 2012 with a dominating performance in the Gulfstream Park Sprint Championship.
Force Freeze worked a strong half-mile in :47 2/5 from the gate Feb. 12 at Gulfstream Park in preparation for the upcoming $150,000 Gulfstream Park Sprint Championship (gr. II).
Force Freeze continued to impress trainer Peter Walder Feb. 4 while preparing for a scheduled start in the Gulfstream Park Sprint (gr. II) in two weeks.
Nine-year-old New Jersey-bred Who's the Cowboy, a seven-time stakes winner, passed the $1 million mark in earnings when he won an allowance optional claiming event at Monmouth Park July 25.
Jockey John Velazquez reached a major milestone at Belmont Park Sept. 28 with his 4,000th career victory when he guided Rogue Agent to a six-length victory in the muddy first race.
Harold Rose's Hal's Hope goes over the million-dollar mark in earnings after winning the Gulfstream Park Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Lexington Horseman Snellings Dies at Age 81
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly