Philip Vela, an influential figure in the New Zealand Thoroughbred industry, died April 18 surrounded by family at his home in Te Kowhai.
Peter Vela, owner of the Karaka Sales Complex and an avid breeder, consigns top-priced horse.
Danehill filly sells for NZ$1.3 million at New Zealand's premier yearling auction.
Gross, average record big increases at the New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling auction.
In what amounts to a massive coup for the New Zealand Thoroughbred industry, Peter and Philip Vela have announced the purchase by their Pencarrow Stud of 20 broodmares in foal to Irish sensation Danehill.
Ethereal, the champion New Zealand-bred Australian stayer by Rhythm, has been retired. The heroine of last year's Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) signed off with another exciting win in The BMW Harry Tancred Stakes (Aust-I) at Sydney's Rosehill Gardens on March 23.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate