Philip Vela, an influential figure in the New Zealand Thoroughbred industry, died April 18 surrounded by family at his home in Te Kowhai.
Peter Vela, owner of the Karaka Sales Complex and an avid breeder, consigns top-priced horse.
Danehill filly sells for NZ$1.3 million at New Zealand's premier yearling auction.
Gross, average record big increases at the New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling auction.
In what amounts to a massive coup for the New Zealand Thoroughbred industry, Peter and Philip Vela have announced the purchase by their Pencarrow Stud of 20 broodmares in foal to Irish sensation Danehill.
Ethereal, the champion New Zealand-bred Australian stayer by Rhythm, has been retired. The heroine of last year's Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) signed off with another exciting win in The BMW Harry Tancred Stakes (Aust-I) at Sydney's Rosehill Gardens on March 23.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab