Signaling changes to come, the Bay Meadows Land Company submitted a separate proposal for the 2005 racing schedule in the northern half of the state to the California Horse Racing Board dates committee Thursday.
Fairplex Park will remain open without interruption as a racing and training center at least through October and possibly year-around under a funding agreement announced Thursday at the monthly meeting of the California Horse Racing Board at Golden Gate Fields.
Magna Entertainment Corporation is proposing a major integrated commercial and entertainment complex to be built adjacent to Golden Gate Fields, its Albany, Calif., racing and simulcast operation.
Construction on a 3,600-square-foot equine medical facility at Golden Gate Fields can finally begin. The project was approved April 9 by the planning commission in Albany, Calif., where the track is located.
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board
- Santa Anita Stables Reopen Sept. 4
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- That Handicapping Show: The Woodward Stakes
- Golf Outing to Raise Money for Morris, Others